Empty bowls 2021 is once again part of Helsinki Design Week program 11.9.2021-19.9.2021!
Empty bowls is taking place for the 19th time already. Due to corona restrictions, the event in the Cathedral Crypt is cancelled. However, Empty bowl events will take place in our partners’ restaurants and workshops during Helsinki Design week.
Just like previous years, potters and other crafts people donate their unique bowls, restaurants donate their delicious soups and bread, and our volunteers donate their time.
The donations will go directly to UNICEF emergency aid. Children, especially, are in a vulnerable position in emergencies.
You can participate in different ways:
Come and enjoy a delicious lunch or a soup dinner in our partners’ restaurants
Spend a moment with good food, great design and a good cause.
- Ravintola Messenius 11.9. from 12 to 15, Messeniuksenkatu 7, 00250 Helsinki
- Sofia Ravintola 14.9. from 17 to 19, Aleksanterinkatu 28, 00170 Helsinki
- CANCELLED: Ravintola White Lady 19.9. from 11 to 15, Mannerheimintie 93, 00270 Helsinki
With a donation (minimum 25 €), you get a bowl of soup and a beautiful bowl as a reminder of the importance of helping others. When we work together, we are stronger and we feel better.
Bowls by different artists are spread equally within the three restaurants as long as they last!
You can also have a bowl of soup as a Takeaway!
You can participate in craft artists’ workshops and in bowl painting events.
Book your place in advance to events for painting Arabia bowls from the studios and the workshops.
You can also book a particular bowl that you like by following the directions below.
Instructions to book and pay for a bowl:
- Book a bowl by messaging the artist
- Wait for confirmation
- Pay directly to UNICEF by following the donation instructions, reference the artist and the bowl number. You will get the bowl by showing the receipt
- Arrange a pick-up with the artist
Thank you for your support and participation!
We will announce possible changes on this page, www.tyhjakulho.fi and on our Facebook-page.