Loving Environments – Designs for a Cooler Planet exhibition
Construction gobbles up half of the world’s natural resources. Collaboration between scientists, designers, architects, the public sector and companies generates ideas that can make living environments and the construction industry more sustainable.
This exhibition showcases diverse holistic approaches from Aalto University to community planning. What kind of architecture best suits the delicate Arctic areas? What amazing designs can we build out of wood?
What does culturally sensitive and planet-centric architecture and design mean? What new design tools have we developed to take these perspectives into account?
Join us on September 8–29, 2021 to see the nine Loving Environments exhibitions at the Otaniemi campus or experience them virtually:
Or get to know more about the individual projects:
- Travel Architecture on Arctic Circle
- Nubia: No More
- Climate Change, Health and Architecture
- Putretti: Sustainable and safe fertilizer from nutrient rich raw materials and side streams
- Wood Wonders
- Interplay of Cultures Studio: Sámi
- Main Street Project: How to turn a car-dominated road into a liveable street
- Mind Meets Machine: Immersive Data-Interaction
- Co-Act & Klong!
- 16/09 Creative resourcefulness for sustainable futures
- 16/09 Nodus Talks: Multi-species Sustainability
- 21/9 Design for Government: Two cases of designing sustainability policy in Finland
- 22/9 Towards net-zero emissions in shipping and aviation
- 23/9 Creative resourcefulness for sustainable futures
- 24/9 NPHarvest – Resource recovery in action
Welcome to take a look into the future!
- BOOK a visit to the exhibitions.
- REGISTER to online seminars and workshops.
- VISIT the main page of The Cooler Planet event.
the Year of Research-Based Knowledge